Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hate is a strong word

There are a few things in life that I hate. Yeh, yeh, I know-- "hate" is a very strong word, blah, blah, blah...but I do. And for these few things that I hate I seem to receive alot of flack. I'll start off with the biggest one, the one I get THE MOST FLACK over: I hate the song "Piano Man". I can hear your cries of outrage from here. I think it is one of the crappiest songs ev-er. I hate the music, the lyrics, the tempo, everything. Just hearing it come on the radio makes me want to jab a stick in my eye, or my ear would be better I guess, just to make it stop.

Here's a couple more. I kinda group these 2 together for some reason. I hate the phrase Live, Laugh, Love. It bugs me. You'd think I'd like it because it does have a happy message- Hey everybody! Live! Laugh! and Love! But it's friggin' everywhere and it's annoying. You can get that phrase on anything. Magnets, plaques, door hangers, t-shirts. You can even just have it directly printed (painted?) onto a wall in your house. I think my sister actually does have it on her kitchen wall. Ugh. (sorry sis)

This is the 2nd of those 2, "Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger." I think more people would have that painted on their walls if it wasn't so damn long. When I'm going thru something SO BAD that it's killing me, when it's over I don't feel stronger. I feel like I've been beaten by a gang of Crips. Or Bloods. Whichever one is more vicious. Then I have to rebuild my inner strength just to get back to how emotionally strong I was before. I'm not stronger than I was. I was just beat down then got back to normal. And actually what I went thru doesn't make me stronger instead I feel a little twinge of fear/anxiaty whenever I think of going thru it, so really it made me weaker.

I'm sure I could sit here and come up with a few more things, because there are more, but I'm kinda hungry. I'm going to go grab a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment