Thursday, November 10, 2011

Crazy Hair

I've been experimenting with new hair styles this week. Nothing too wild and crazy, no cutting of the hair, just pinning it up a different way. Eh. So far so good, I guess. Change is good, right?? My hair is shoulder length and curly, and I can't stand having it hanging in my face. I like my hair for the most part, but what I was thinking of this morning is the fact that I even have to "deal with" curly hair.

My whole entire life I had stick straight hair. At one point it was all one length, down to my waist. Very pretty! But when Fran got sick the first time and she lost her hair thanks to chemo I shaved my head as a show of sisterhood. Actually, I let my brother shave my head and to this day I feel he got just a little TOO much enjoyment out of the experience. My point is when my hair grew back it came in curly. Wth??? ME with CURLY hair?? What alternate universe is this??

So I learned to style curly hair. I buy curly hair/volumizing products and most of the time either clip it out of my face or throw it into a ponytail. My point is they always say girls with straight hair want curly and girls with curly hair want straight. I'm here to tell you IT DOESN'T MATTER. I had bad hair days when I had straight hair and I still have bad hair days with curly hair.

So...<>...be happy with what you've got! Because, curly or straight, everyone has bad hair days! And I can vouch for this!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that is how you ended up with the curls.

    I wonder if that would work on my hair?

    I totally got screwed in the hair gene department. My sister, and Mack got the good hair. I got my Dad's.

    ReplyDelete