Saturday, January 29, 2011

Glasses

I wear glasses full time. Most of you know this already. I tried contacts in high school, but once I switched back to glasses I never went to contacts again. Here's the deal-- I can't see shit without my glasses. We have an Arthur (a PBS cartoon character) book where D.W. wants to get glasses (mainly for cosmetic reasons as far as I can tell), but Arthur actually needs glasses to see. In the book he tries telling D.W. this and explaining that before he got glasses a log looked like a dog, some trash looked like some cash, and some string looked like a ring. That's me. And I had an experience like this last night.

Jackson woke up while it was still dark out. Once I got him back to bed I was crawling back into my bed half asleep and there was a blanket on the floor by my bed. Without my glasses on it looked like my dog was laying on the floor, but I wasn't sure. So in my half asleep state I thought stepping on the blanket was a good way to determine whether or not this was my dog. WHY did this seem like a good plan?? If it would've been her I would've been STEPPING ON HER for no apparent reason other than to just determine whether or not she was there!

And I will admit that this happened after I just got done telling my kid to go back to sleep because it was the middle of the night. When actually it was 7:00 am. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment