Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bra shopping

Walmart mirrors make me look like shit. And I am convinced they do this on purpose. As of yet, I can find no reason WHY they would do this. But I'm sure it has something to do with a corporate-greed-perverted-sense-of-humor thing. It's not just me either, it's you too. I'm sorry to be the barer of that bad news, but I refuse to think it's just me. There's is NO WAY that every time I leave the house to go try something on in the Walmart dressing room that I look that shitty. There's just no way.

Which brings me to my 2nd point. I have discovered the 7th circle of hell. No, it's not the mirrors that make me look hideous, it's what I was in the dressing room for in the first place. Bra shopping. Is there anything worse??? Actually, a few weeks ago I thought jeans shopping was the worst and the time before that I thought it was swimsuit shopping (which I'm sure has it's own seperate section of hell). But bra shopping has bumped both of those out of the top spot.

In order to find a bra that fits I have to first ackowledge that I am too fat around with too small of boobs to account for being too fat around. Go ahead and <> all you want, but according to bra makers this is the gospel truth. So I was on the hunt for a bra that is big enough around, with the right cup size, with padding, support and comfort, and that still looks pretty enough for me to want to disrob in front of my husband. This bra does not exist. So I did the best with what was available. Which means I got an ill-fitting, no padding, uncomfortable underwire, dorky looking boob sling and I paid too much for it. Just kidding. But I did get 2 bras, same brand but different styles in 2 different sizes. Explain that one to me. And I thought the Walmart mirror makers were the ones with the sick sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment